Juicing has become incredibly popular over the last few years as a way to lose weight or just as part of a healthy diet. Some people use juicing as part of a “cleanse” or “fast” diet to help quickly lose weight and flush out their system, while others use juicing as an easy way to get a large amount of vegetables and fruits into the system easily. The problems is that there are so many juicers on the market that it can be tough to know which one will work best for your particular needs. Here is a detailed review of the Omega VRT350 juicer that will help you make a more informed decision about your purchase.
Design and Features
Before getting into the review it is important to clear up some confusion about the name. Some VRT350 models are called VRT350HD. The HD, which stands for heavy duty, is simply to indicate that the juicer has an updated and better filter screen than the Omega VRT 330, which has a plastic screen that had some problems. All VRT 350 juicers have the new and improved HD screen, even if it does not say HD on the box. If you have purchased the VRT350 than you can rest assured that you got the better screen.
The Omega 350 VRT350 HD is a vertical masticating style of juicer that employs a vertical design. Here are some of the most important features of this powerful juicer:
- It uses low speed juicing, which helps maintain the quality of the juice and prevents oxidation
- It has a sturdy and compact base that keeps it grounded on the counter top
- It has an auto cleaning system for easy cleanup
- Features a reverse button for easily clearing jams
- Uses a dual stage processing system that gets the max amount of juice
Performance and Efficiency
The Omega VRT350 HD juicer is a masticating juicer, which uses a juice extraction system. This is far more efficient than the old centrifugal juicers, which grind your fruits and vegetables into a pulp and then use centrifugal force to separate the juice from the pulp.
There are some big advantages to masticating juicers when it comes to performance and efficiency, such as:
- They work at low speeds, which maintains the integrity of the juice, thus giving you more benefits from the juice
- The low speed also allows the juicer to extract the maximum amount of juice
- Masticating juicers get much more out of leafy vegetables like spinach, kale and wheatgrass, which are very popular in healthy juices
- Masticating juicers require less fruits and vegetables
- Masticating juicers are quieter and easier to clean
- When it comes to performance and efficiency, it is clear that masticating juicers like the Omega VRT350 HD are far superior to their centrifugal counterparts.
Ease of Use
The Omega VRT350 HD is incredibly easy to use, for many of the reasons listed above. In addition, it has an auto cleaning system that makes clean up super fast and easy. Getting rid of the pulp is the biggest issue when juicing, but this juicer makes it very easy. The controls are simple and user friendly, which makes this juicer one of the most approachable on the market.
Pros and Cons
- It is quiet and easy to clean
- It is a masticating juicer that gets the most nutrition and value from your fruits and vegetables
- It produces very colorful juice that is loaded with nutrients
- Compact design minimizes countertop footprint
- It maximizes important juice vegetables like kale and wheatgrass
- It is affordable compared to some juicers on the market
- Some claim that this juicer left too much pulp in the juice
- The opening is a bit too small for some vegetables to be put in whole
Value For Money
If you are looking for a powerful juicer that uses the latest technology, has a great design and gets the most out of your juice, then the Omega VRT350 HD represents great value for money. You can pick up one of these machines for under $400, which is far cheaper than comparable juicers on the market.
If you are looking for a way to inject healthy juice into your diet or daily routine, then the Omega VRT350 HD is a great choice. You can check for the best prices here.